Finally You Can Now Enable WhatsApp Disappearing Messages
Whats-app has officially released a much awaited feature; Whats-app disappearing messages. This feature is available on the latest version of WhatsApp and accessible to both ‘normal’ WhatsApp and WhatsApp for business. Android, iOS, web and desktop platform are all supported.
Once enabled, messages will automatically be deleted after seven days of sending them. This feature is available for individual chats and group chats. In one-on-one chats, either individual can choose to enable or disable disappearing messages. In a group chat, only group admins can turn disappearing messages on or off.
Facts you should be aware of about disappearing messages
- A person can take a screenshot or forward the disappearing message before it disappears.
- One can also copy the contents of disappearing messages and save them in a document.
- One can take a picture using another smartphone
- Media sent with disappearing message option enabled will get deleted from the chat after seven days.
- If a phone is set to auto-download media, the media will still be saved on the phone.
- If a person creates a backup before a message disappears, the disappearing message will be included in the backup.
How to enable and disable disappearing messages in Android,iOS and Web
- Open WhatsApp and select any chat
- Tap the Contact’s name and scroll down to ‘disappearing messages’
- By default this feature is disabled. Tap continue followed by tapping on to enable this feature.
- You will have to enable this feature individually for each chat.
To turn off WhatsApp disappearing messages, head back to the chat window , click on contact’s name, under disappearing messages tab select off.
P.s: You can’t decide the duration on which messages disappear, its set to seven days, at least for now.
P.s.s: Either user can enable or disable disappearing messages at any time.